HI, I'M ARIF
I support senior leaders who are ready to step up into C-Suite positions or who are transitioning into a new organization at that level.
Having both 25+ years of senior level experience and my International Coaching Federation Professional Certified Coach credential (PCC), I am uniquely qualified to support leaders in this space.
What makes me different?
I spent over 25 years as a Senior Leader across a diverse range of industries, functions, and geographies.
I’ve worked as a world class CFO, Board member, Executive Coach, and an award-winning Professor of Leadership.
As a result, I understand first-hand the intense drive and pressure to deliver high quality results in a competitive and constantly changing marketplace.
My rich experience and diverse skill set makes me uniquely qualified to support senior leaders as they develop skills for the C-Suite.
YOU MAY HAVE SEEN ME IN ...
- Global CFO of USD5B Public Company
- Multiple other CFO experiences (Public and Private Companies)
- Board Experience in 15+ Companies
- 25+ years of Corporate Experience; Multiple Industries/Functions/Geographies
- Award-winning Professor of Leadership (tenured)
- ICF Professional Certified Coach + multiple other accreditations
- Multiple graduate degrees (MBA, MA, & MME) from Top Tier Universities
I was a Global Chief Financial Officer and Corporate Senior Vice President for Benesse Holdings Inc., a publicly traded USD 5B Japanese company covering approximately 40 group companies.
In this capacity, I was one of less than three foreign CFO’s in a Top Tier Japanese Public Company.
I previously held leadership positions at:
- Ford and Delphi (Automotive)
- Avon (Cosmetics/Direct Selling)
- Becton Dickinson (Medical Equipment)
- McCann Worldgroup (Advertising)
I was also a Board member of over 15 public and private companies across Japan, China, and the United States.
My experience in leadership roles allows me to deeply understand the environment and demands you experience as a leader.
I have access to the latest knowledge, tools, and techniques for development through my advanced accreditation in coaching and my academic standing as a Professor.
I use these tools to help you experiment with new behaviors on the job.
UNIVERSITY OF MICHIGAN
Masters in Business Administration & Masters in Asian Studies
Masters in Manufacturing Engineering
BS Mechanical Engineering cum laude
Multiple Executive Development Programs at Wharton, MIT, and Michigan
- International Coaching Federation (ICF) Professional Certified Coach (PCC) and member
- Marshall Goldsmith Stakeholder Centered Coach (individual and also team coaching)
- New Ventures West Integral Coach (Professional Coaching Program)
- Certificate in Brain Based Coaching & Certificate (with distinction) in Foundations of Neuroleadership (Neuroleadership Institute)
- Fred Kofman’s Conscious Business Coaching Certificate
- Korn Ferry Leadership Architect & 360 Assessment
- Hogan Assessments & Advanced Interpretation
- Global Leadership Coach from Global Coach Group
- Currently pursuing the fifth year of an advanced coaching program with Aletheia Coaching (Integral unfoldment professional coaching program).
I am an American citizen, born in Pakistan, educated in the US, and have been living in Japan for over 20 years.
My work and travels have taken me to more than 50 countries across Asia Pacific, Africa, Europe and the Americas.
This global worldview allows me to shine a light on cultural biases that may be impacting leaders in their decision-making.
How I went from being a Global CFO of a USD 5B public company to helping hundreds of hard-working individuals find confidence and start to build a life they love.
[read my full story here]
Arif's guidance and insightful queries and curiosity have helped me navigate a complex organisation. He has built my resilience, supported me in my journey and been an advocate for my personal growth and transformation. I would recommend Arif to anyone who is looking for deep insight, mentorship and personal and professional growth.
Arif’s magic is he balances art and science to bring light to your situation and open your mind to what alternatives could be. He can give very practical, structured advice to work situations but he’s also an incredibly insightful and perceptive coach. He speaks to your whole self, not just yourself at work. I’ve been often surprised over the last 3 years with the revelations I’ve arrived at. It’s led me to taking a much overdue sabbatical and changing industries after almost two decades. I highly recommend him as a coach.
I highly recommend Arif as a coach. The coaching experience with Arif was one of the memorable milestones of my career. His invitation to change my life by changing my questions, as well as to listen to my inner voice has been a key to many doors in both my personal and professional journey.
GET A DEEPER UNDERSTANDING OF WHAT DRIVES YOUR LEADERSHIP
Accelerate your leadership development journey using this 60-page workbook containing proven leadership mindset coaching tips and tools.
Your privacy is respected! Your name will be added to our mailing list and you can unsubscribe at any time.